Digital Piano Kawai ES8 Full Review. is it a good choice?
What will you find in this post?
Kawai has always been known for its high quality instruments, both acoustic and digital pianos are built with good materials and meet the requirements of any pianist, the ES8 is a clear example of the level of Kawai.
The Kawai ES8 with its 88 weighted keys and pressure sensitivity, 256 polyphony notes and the possibility of customization similar to an acoustic piano is a very interesting option for any pianist.
Buy your Kawai ES8 at the best price available in the marketWhere to buy it?
The ES8 is a very complete digital piano, it has almost everything, its approach to imitating an acoustic piano makes it a really good choice for pianists. The characteristics of this model are presented below:
- Keyboard with 88 weighted and pressure sensitive keys with Ivory Touch and Responsive
- Hammer 3 technology
- LCD screen
- 34 voices
- 256 polyphony notes
- 88-key piano sampling
- Split, Dual and 4-Hand modes with customizable configuration options
- Internal 10 song recorder
- Effects (chorus, classic chorus, stereo delay, ping delay, tremolo, classic tremolo, auto pan, classic auto pan, rotary, phaser) combination of effects
- Amplifier Simulator
- Virtual technician ( technology to personalize the digital piano )
- 2 headphone sockets
- Damper (F-10H) Damper/Soft (F-20) Triple Footswitch (F-301)
- Stereo input and output
- 2 x 15w speakers
- Dimensions 1.36 m x 36.1 cm x 14.9 cm
- Weight 22.5kg
I’m sure you’ll be interested in…
- Ranking with the best digital pianos in quality-price ratio
- The cheapest musical keyboards for beginners
- Learn piano by yourself and for free
No wonder the ES8 has great sound quality, its 2 integrated speakers of 15w each added to 256 polyphony notes, the ability to customize and sample 88 keys a great sound quality. Below is a video with the sound of the ES8:
Sean O´Shea touching a Kawai ES8:
As you can see in both videos the versatility and sound quality of the ES8 is very good, the Kawai ES8 perfectly simulates the sound of a piano.
The connectivity of the Kawai ES8 is good, it has everything you need for a professional musician performing live.
The ES8 features MIDI, USB, online inputs and outputs, 2 headphones and the input for the different types of pedals, so you won’t have any problem connecting it to the PC or an amplifier.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Kawai ES8
Advantages of this model:
- Keyboard quality
- Sound Quality
Disadvantages of this model:
- Variety of Voices
The Kawai ES8 is an option focused on pianists, the quality of the keyboard is very good, the 88 weighted keys with sensitivity to pressure and the possibility of customization make this model stand out, however, its sound quality is also a strong point. The only possible disadvantage in this model is the variety of voices, although considering that the approach is to simulate a piano, it is not necessary to have a great variety of voices.
Kawai ES8 vs Roland FP90
The ES8 and the Roland FP 90 are two alternatives for those looking for a digital piano focused on pianists. The differences between the two models are shown below:
- Both models have an 88-key keyboard with sensitivity to pressure and weighted keys, however, Kawai has a system of customization and adjustment of the keyboard.
- The Roland polyphony in the piano voice is complete and in other voices 384 notes, while the Kawai has 256 polyphony notes for all voices.
- The FP 90 has 360 voices, while the Kawai only has 34.
- The sensitivity on the Roland keyboard is 100 types, while Kawai offers full customization technology with micro-adjustments, similar to an acoustic piano.
- The ES8 offers dual mode, split and 4 hands, while the FP 90 only offers dual mode, split and full.
- Both models have excellent connectivity, however, the Roland FP 90 has bluetooth, while the Kawai ES8 only has USB.
Both models are high quality and making a decision about the best is complicated, as Kawai and Roland offer excellent performance on their digital pianos, if your focus is on connectivity with mobile devices the Roland FP 90 is an excellent choice, however if you prefer a fully customizable option the Kawai ES8 is for you.
Kawai ES8 vs Kawai ES110
The two models of the Japanese brand have a pianist approach, however, each offers different features. The differences between the two models are shown below:
- Both models have a keyboard with 88 weighted keys and pressure sensitivity, however the ES8 has a customization system on the keyboard.
- The polyphony of the ES8 is 256 notes, while the ES110 has 192 notes.
- The ES8’s speakers are more powerful, as it has 2 speakers of 15w each, while the ES110 has 2 speakers of 7w each.
- The internal recorder of the ES8 has a capacity of 10 songs, while the ES110 only has a capacity of 3.
- The ES110 offers bluetooth and bluetooth low energy connectivity, while the ES8 does not have bluetooth connectivity.
- The variety of voices of the ES8 is greater since it has 34 voices, while the ES110 has 19.
The Kawai ES8 is a clear winner, as it has better sound quality and power, more variety of voices and options for keyboard customization, being an option that allows you to simulate a piano to perfection, however, the ES110 is not a bad alternative, although it is simpler also has good quality.
Kawai ES8 vs Yamaha P255
The two Japanese brands offer very competitive models, the ES8 and the P255 are two good quality alternatives for those looking for a digital piano. The differences between the two models are shown below:
- The Kawai ES8 and Yamaha P255 have 88 weighted and pressure sensitive keys.Yamaha incorporates a 3-point pressure sensitivity system, while Kawai presents total customization, simulating a piano.
- Both models feature 256-note polyphony.
- The ES8 has 34 voices, while the P255 has 24.
- Both models have similar connectivity options, 15w speakers and pedal option.
The similarities between both models are very high, however, the Kawai ES8 is a clear winner, as it is closer to the possibilities of an acoustic piano, has better quality on the keyboard, more customization options and voices.
Before you make a decision, make sure you know the functions and features you need on a keyboard. If you want to learn to play the piano remember that counterweight and pressure sensitivity are two basic factors, but don’t forget to check the other features.The ES8 is an ideal choice for all types of pianists, has great sound quality and above all a keyboard with 88 weighted keys, pressure sensitivity and customization options. Its characteristics make it a very interesting alternative especially for those who want to simulate a piano.If you are looking for an alternative to the ES8 you should take a look at our guide to the best digital keyboards and pianos.
Where to buy the Kawai ES8
There are a variety of stores where you can buy the Kawai ES8, however, it will always be better option to buy online in this range of digital pianos. Here we leave you a couple of very reliable stores:
- Free Shipping and possibility of shipping in one day with Amazon Premium.
- Full Guarantee but they are no experts in music equipment
- Leader in fast shipments.
- Price that change a lot daily.
- The best option in USA and ASIA
- Free Shipping
- Full warranty. If you have any problems, they take care of everything.
- 100% reliable payment.
- Leader in trouble-free shipping.
- Usually best price.
- Best Reputation: They are the leading online store in Europe and have the best catalogue and information.
For a similar price you have the following pianos and keyboards:
- YAMAHA YDP-S34 ARIUS
- YAMAHA YDP 163
- YAMAHA YDP 143
- YAMAHA PSR S770
- YAMAHA PSR S670
- YAMAHA PSR E453
- YAMAHA PSR E443
- YAMAHA P45
- YAMAHA P255
- YAMAHA P125
- YAMAHA P-121
- YAMAHA P115
- YAMAHA P105
- YAMAHA DGX 660
- YAMAHA ARIUS YDP 142
- YAMAHA PSR S775
- YAMAHA PSR E463
- YAMAHA P35
- THOMANN SP 5600
- THOMANN DP-33
- THOMANN DP-31
- ROLAND GO KEYS
- ROLAND FP-60
- ROLAND FP 80
- PIANO THOMANN SP 320
- KURZWEIL SPS4-8
- KURZWEIL SP6
- KURZWEIL SP4-8
- KURZWEIL FORTE SE
- KURZWEIL FORTE 8
- KURZWEIL ARTIS 7
- KORG PA-700 ORIENTAL
- KORG PA-700
- KORG PA600
- KORG PA-300
- KORG PA-1000
- KORG HAVIAN 30
- KORG GRANDSTAGE 88
- CASIO PX-870 PRIVIA
- CASIO PX-770 PRIVIA
- CASIO PX-5S PRIVIA PRO
- CASIO PX-560 PRIVIA
- CASIO PX-360 PRIVIA
- CASIO PX 160
- CASIO CT-X800
- CASIO CT-X700
- CASIO CT-X5000
- CASIO CT-X3000
- CASIO CDP 130
- THOMANN DP 26
- ROLAND FP 90
- ROLAND FP 30
- ROLAND FA 06
- ROLAND BK 5
- KORG SP 280
- KORG LP 380
- KORG B1
- KAWAI ES110
- KAWAI ES100
- KAWAI CN27
- KAWAI CN25
- CASIO CDP 230
- CASIO CDP S100